Qualifying for the Golden West Champ Show 2018:
- Any show held in Region 2 between September 1st, 2016 and August 31, 2018 are considered qualifying shows. Showholders for those shows must either provide 1st through 2nd place results for those shows to us by August 31, 2018*** -or- those results must be available on the NAMHSA website. A list of qualifying shows will be present on our show’s website.
- A show held in a nearby region during this period may apply to be included as a qualifier. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. (If you have a model you wish to enter that only qualified at a show outside of R2, you must inform the registrar about that model and what show it qualified at so that we may verify.)
- Any model that placed 1st or 2nd at any of the qualifying shows is eligible to show in Champ classes at the 2018 Champ Show. The model name and owner name must be present in results that the showholder provided. If ownership of a model has changed, it will have to be approved by show management on a case-by-case basis. Only enter your models with the name that was used when they qualified. *So long as a model placed 1st or 2nd at any qualifier show, it may show in both Breed Halter as well as Collectability/Workmanship* (each class has a separate entry fee per model).
- “Last Chance” classes: In order to allow new models or previously unqualified models a chance to participate, each divisional section will have one “Last Chance” class at the beginning of each section. Only unqualified models owned by paid entrants may enter this class and no preregistration or prepayment is necessary for these models. On the day of the show, please place $1 entry fee *for each class* next to each of these models on the table. The 1st and 2nd place models placing in these classes may advance to the appropriate Champ classes.
- All models (with the exception of the Last Chance entries) must be pre-registered and prepaid. Entries close at midnight PST on August 31, 2018. Your horse lists must be submitted and paid for at that time. After you have registered and paid for your table space, you may submit an original horse list as soon as you wish and may add/delete to the list up until the closing date. In consideration for show management and its volunteers, please limit your changes to as few as possible. Thank you!
- ***Exception for “late” shows: If a model qualifies at a show held the first 2 weeks in September 2018, we will allow late entry *for those models only* up until September 15, 2018. Please understand that show management needs time to verify your qualifications, so please plan your entries early and get your horse lists in on time.